East Side Elders’ mission is to create a circle of care around the elders in Dayton’s Bluff, Payne-Phalen, and Conway Battle Creek neighborhoods, empowering seniors to live safe and independent lives in their homes.
The Executive Director provides leadership and guidance for East Side Elders. The ED is responsible for hiring staff and developing job descriptions, increasing fundraising, implementing new programs and working with the board of directors.
- Monitor ongoing program offerings and, if necessary, implement and/or expand programs to meet the needs of the community.
- Maintain knowledge of current trends in senior programming such as falls prevention and chronic disease management.
- Coordinate with nurse volunteers to support and manage the Wisdom Wellness at select senior housing buildings.
- Manage all administrative details of the organization including budgeting, timely filing of taxes, reports, and various applications.
- Make certain that volunteers, vendors, legal counsel, food contractors, etc. are qualified and/or licensed for such services.
- Represent East Side Elders at the East Side Health and Wellbeing Collaborative, paying special attention to food and healthy eating for seniors.
- Work with neighboring programs to provide a full range of programming to the community, including, but not limited to, access to food, dental care, and mental and chemical health support, being careful not to duplicate programming services in the community but to complement those already in place.
- Develop annual funding plan and budget with the goal of diversified funding sources.
- Meet annual fundraising goals.
- Represent East Side Elders to donors, community leaders, businesses and more.
- Research funding sources, write grants and complete necessary reports.
- Work with board members to cultivate community involvement in all fundraising activities.
- Provide appropriate or pertinent continuing education opportunities for staff and board members.
- Maintain accurate financial records; work with bookkeeper/accountant to produce annual tax reports.
- Keep board apprised of ongoing financial health through monthly reports to the Board
- Manage schedules and agendas in partnership with the board chair
- Help recruit and orient new board members
- Find meaningful ways for board members to govern, engage and support the mission
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and execution of the mission
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Strong and successful grant-writing knowledge and skill.
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks
- 3-5 years’ experience working with older adults
- BIPOC candidates encouraged to apply
How to Apply
Please send resume’, cover letter and salary requirements to EastSideEldersJob@gmail.com or apply online here.
Position available May 1, 2022