Fetch! Grocery Program FAQ
- Am I eligible to order groceries through this program?
If you are 60+ and living on the East Side of Saint Paul, Downtown Saint Paul, or Lowertown, then you are most likely eligible to order from Fetch! If you would like to verify your eligibility before ordering, contact us at [email protected] or 651-683-2326.
- Can I request alcohol through this program?
No, we cannot fulfill orders for alcohol.
- Can I request tobacco or vaping products through this program?
No, we cannot fulfill orders for tobacco or vaping products.
- Is there a limit to how much I can order?
Fetch! customers set a budget for every order they make. If the items in your order go over that set budget, one of our team members can give you a call to adjust your list.
- Can I give a volunteer coupons to use?
Our shoppers cannot use your coupons or other vouchers for your order.
- Can I give a volunteer my SNAP card to pay for my groceries?
No, it is not legal for our volunteers to use your SNAP card to pay for groceries.
- Can I give my volunteer a tip for helping me out?
Fetch! volunteers are happy to help – no tip required! To help East Side Elders serve seniors who can’t afford to pay for groceries, we appreciate a donation to our program. Donations can be made online or by check or cash.
- Will the volunteer put my groceries away for me?
Due to COVID-19 safety regulations, the volunteer will not put your groceries away. Deliveries are contact-free to keep you and our volunteers safe and healthy.
- My order is missing an item, what should I do?
Contact East Side Elders right away at [email protected] or 651-683-2326 and a team member will work with you to get a refund for any missing items.
- My volunteer purchased the wrong item, what should I do?
Contact East Side Elders right away at [email protected] or 651-683-2326 and a team member will work with you to get a refund for the incorrect items.
- Can I choose the grocery store that my order comes from?
Fetch! customers can request a specific grocery store and our volunteers will do their best to honor special requests, as long as the store is in the Saint Paul area. Due to product and volunteer availability, however, we cannot guarantee that we can fulfill every special request.
- Can I request Kosher or Halal products?
Yes, just indicate your needs when you make your order, either by phone or using the online form.
- Can I purchase items for my whole family (baby food, diapers, etc.)?
Yes but be considerate of the volunteer’s time and not request a very large order.
- I need to add something to my list – can I call the volunteer?
Once your order is submitted and confirmed, we cannot make adjustments to your list beyond a 1 hour window after your order.
- My order included a damaged/spoiled/expired item, what should I do?
Contact East Side Elders right away at [email protected] or 651-683-2326 and a team member will work with you to get a refund for the items.
- My friend doesn’t live in Saint Paul but wants to make an order – is that allowed?
Unfortunately, we are limiting our delivery area to that within Saint Paul. However, we can refer your friend to another program in the Metro area that may be able to assist.
- My dog/cat needs a special food – can you make a special stop at XYZ store?
Fetch! customers can request a specific pet supply store and our volunteers will do their best to honor requests. Due to product and volunteer availability, however, we cannot guarantee that we can fulfill every special request.
- I’m under 60 but have a disability that makes it hard for me to shop – can I use this program?
East Side Elders funding supports only those 60 years and older regardless of disability.
- I want to earn loyalty points at my favorite store when I order – can I do that?
No, we cannot use your loyalty card information when taking orders.
- How will the volunteer keep my cold food cold and my hot food hot?
Fetch! volunteers are equipped with insulated bags to help keep your ice cream chilled and your rotisserie chicken hot!
- What if I can’t be home when the volunteer wants to deliver them?
You can request that a Fetch! volunteer leave your groceries at your door if you cannot be home at the delivery time. However, we cannot be held responsible for any stolen or damaged grocery items after our volunteer has made the delivery.
- Will the volunteer bring my groceries up to my apartment?
The volunteer will bring your groceries to your door step. However, if you live in an apartment building, you will be asked to come down with a shopping cart or wagon to take the items to your apartment.
- Can the volunteer pick up my medications?
East Side Elders volunteers would be happy to pick up your medications and make a contact-free delivery. Just call us at 651-683-2326 or email us at [email protected] to make your request.
- Can the volunteer go to more than one store?
Fetch! customers can request items from more than one store and our volunteers will do their best to honor requests. Due to product and volunteer availability, however, we cannot guarantee that we can fulfill every special request.
- Can the volunteer bring me food from a restaurant?
No, Fetch! volunteers cannot make deliveries from restaurants. If you are looking for help with meals, contact East Side Elders at 651-683-2326 or [email protected] and we can provide resources and information.
- Do I have to sign up to be a client with East Side Elders before I can order groceries?
It would be helpful for us to keep track of our clients so that we may report back to our funders who we have served. Your name and private information will never be shared with a funder or other entity.