East Side Elders’ Programs
East Side Elders (formerly Dayton’s Bluff Seniors) is a community program dedicated to supporting older adults on the East Side, helping them to remain in their own homes. Our mission is to create a circle of care around the elders in Dayton’s Bluff, Payne-Phalen, and Conway-Battle Creek neighborhoods, empowering seniors to live safe and independent lives in their homes.
Volunteers are key to the mission and success of East Side Elders. Using volunteers from the community and throughout the Twin Cities, ESE provides a variety of supportive programming to our seniors.
- Rides – Many seniors have given up the car keys but still need to get out and about. Volunteer drivers take seniors to medical appointments, the grocery store and other destinations
sucha senior program or special event.
- Friendly Visitors/Callers – A friendly face can do a great deal of good for a senior who is unable to leave their home, particularly in bad weather, or doesn’t have family around to drop in to make sure all is OK. ESE volunteers can be matched with a specific
senior,or can be on-call on an as-needed basis. A quick phone call is sometimes all that is needed to make sure that the senior has what they need.
- Chores – Volunteers can help with outdoor and indoor chores such as changing a lightbulb, organizing a closet, or raking leaves.
- Blue Bag Delivery – Volunteers delivery groceries and personal care items to seniors in need.
- Weekly Wellness Program – Volunteer nurses and other healthcare volunteers can check your vital signs, such as blood pressure, talk to you about good nutrition or your health in general. We offer the Weekly Wellness Program for the residents at Parkway Gardens Apartments, and the Elders Lodge.
- Elder Cafe – Join us for lunch and entertainment! This is an opportunity to meet new people, savor delicious food, and enjoy a variety of presenters. Visit our Elder Cafe page for details on upcoming events.
- Caregiver Support – Our staff will work with you to see how we can best support you in your caregiver journey. Give us a call today!
- Legal Clinics – Our volunteer lawyers can help you with a will, healthcare directive, or power of attorney. Call us today to ask about our next clinic.
The East Side Elder’s program staff are a great resource for information about other services in the area – give us a call today at 651-683-2326.
Help is just a phone call away! Staff and volunteers are ready to help you find the resources you or your loved ones need to live
Volunteering is a fun way to make a positive difference in someone's life. If you would like to be a part of the East Side Elders volunteer team, contact us today.